By engaging with us, you are accepting and consenting to the practises described in this policy. You can withdraw consent at any time by writing to us at the address below. The Group may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is compliant with the GDPR (EU) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 1998.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT
We may collect, use, store and transfer your “personal data”. This can include:
• Identity Data such as name, usernames, marital status, job title, DOB and gender
• Demographic Data such as preferences and interests
• Contact Data such as email address or telephone number
• Financial Data such as bank account or payment card details
• Technical Data such as IP address, login data, browser type, location, statistical or demographic data
• Usage Data such as information about how you use our website, products and services
• Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences regarding receiving marketing
materials from us and our Group companies.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use diﬀerent methods to collect data from and about you including through:
A) Direct Interactions
You may give us your identity and contact data by filling in forms (by paper or electronically)
or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes data you provide
when you apply for our services (or those of our clients/third parties), or when you give us some
B) Automated technologies or interactions
As you interact with our website we may automatically collect Technical Data about your
equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and
C) Third parties of public sources
We may receive data about you from third parties and public sources, including search
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data to better understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• to perform a contract we have with you and provide our services
• to improve our services and to customise our website according to your interests
• to provide research and insight services for ourselves;
• to send you promotional materials about us (where you have opted in to such communications)
We may share your information with selected third parties, including: business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Group for marketing purposes.
We may also share your personal data with companies within the Company Group. This will not involve transferring your data outside of the European Economic Area.
HOW LONG WE HOLD YOUR DATA
We will only hold your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. In determining this period we will consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the data as well as the potential harm from unauthorised use or disclosure
SECURITY + DISCLOSURE
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and is not lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. In order, to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
A number of our applications utilise Twitter and/or other website’s APIs (Application Program Interfaces) in order to display tweets and/or other pieces of information or data acquired from third
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• request access to personal data we hold about you;
• request correction of the personal data we hold about you which may be incomplete or
• request deletion or object to the processing of your personal data;
• withdraw your consent to process your data.
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the requirements of GDPR (commonly referred to as a ‘Subject Access Request’). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Focus LED UK Ltd, Unit 38 Cariocca Business Park, 2 Hellidon Close, Ardwick, Manchester, M12 4AH
If you would like to withdraw consent, or if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Updated April 2020.